The Municipal Council – local parliament
The Municipal Council is elected every fourth year and consists of 39 members who are responsible for establishing such things as budgets, taxes and fees. Council meetings are open to the public and before these meetings start, the general public are given the opportunity to ask questions.
The Municipal Council is the municipality’s ultimate decision-making body and is the only political body in the municipality that is directly elected. The Municipal Council appoints members of the Municipal Executive Board and members of other municipal committees and boards.
The Municipal Executive Board – local government
The Municipal Executive Board is the municipality’s leading political body and is responsible for, among other things, co-ordinating municipal activities. The eleven members of the board are elected by the Municipal Council and they are in charge of preparing matters for decision-making by the Municipal Council. The Municipal Executive Board is, however, in the position to be able to take decisions on certain matters itself.
The municipality has the following committees:
- Child Care and Education Committee; schools, childcare and education.
- Confederation for environmental and construction operations; planning permission, health protection, environmental protection etc co-ordinated with Arboga municipality in an official confederation since January 2011.
- Cultural Amenities and Recreation Committee; leisure/recreation activities, cultural events, libraries.
- Social Services Committee; individual and family care, care of the elderly and handicapped, individual care.
- Public Works Committee; water, sewerage, parks, public buildings.
- Election Committee; general and EU elections.
Kungsör’s Municipal Commissioner and Chairman of the Municipal Executive Board:
Pelle Strengbom (S)
Telephone: 0227-60 04 25